Saturday, August 1, 2009

About Me

Respect 2 u for reading my blog, my name is Ryan Grant I am a music producer based in New York I go by the name Juss Kool, once Junior Killa. I'm influenced by every genre of music. My music catalog ranges from Bob Marley to Michael jackson, Wu-Tang, Nirvana, Bootsy collins, 2pac, B.I.G, Beenie Man, Bounty Killa, Bob Dylan, Sam Cooke, Eric Burdon & the Animals, Kanye, Jay-z, Gucci Mane, Bobby Womack, Gorillaz, 50, Jagwa, Drake, Depeche Mode, Staind, . Basically theres not really a genre of music I dont listen to, these influences can be heard thru my music.

I got my first break on the set of Nina Sky ft Jabba video for "move your body". Jabba got me in the shoot and I met with his partner Bobby Konders who gave me the oppertunity to intern for their Massive B radio show on NYCs Hot97. I started out carrying record boxes ( b4 serato) and eventually Bobby hooked me up with Philip Smart of Philip Smart HCF recording Studio in Long Island. From there I started to produce some of my first records such as the March Out Riddim featuring Elephant Man, Vybz Kartel, Mavado, Wayne Wonder, Tony Matterhorn, Bunji Garlin, TOK, Burro Banton & Choppa Chop. I wrote the Hook for Elephant's song "Wave ur Flags" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqizNAod8AQ

"Brrrt" by Bunji Garlin & "Raise it Up" by Jabba off the March Out went on to be featured in Grand Theft Auto 4. After the March out i produced The Hard Grind Riddim for Massive B that featured Vybz kartel, Elephant Man, Collie Budz, Burro Banton, Choppa Chop, Pampootay, Majah Hype, Million Stylez, Marcus Wanted & Jamballaz.

I then went on to produce Jamballaz "Gwaan do ur Thing Girl" & "DAGGA" by Jagwa (itunes & amazon), in my opinion were sonically my best work until I made the World Domination Riddim.
It took 26 instruments & 1 week to make but I feel like this is the track that best represents me @ this point in my career. The contrast of Dancehall & Hip-Hop makes this track what Im most proud of. The riddim is featured in the August/September issue of Riddim Magazine as the "Riddim of The Month".

Stay tuned this is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment